LecoS Update 1.2
Just a short notice. I updated my QGIS plugin to version 1.2.
New features include:
- No data field in the LecoS Gui
- Additional metrics such as Total Edge length, Edge density, Landscape Division Index, Effective Mesh size and Splitting index. Read more about the indices here.
- Improved speed (I recorded all functions in an object orientated manner as functions of a class. This allows to temporarily save often calculated values and therefore improve a little bit in speed)
- There were some errors in the calculation of Patch sizes (maximal, minimal) as well as in the calculation of the landscape proportion from a given class
- Any metric wishes that came up (suggest one metric if you like)
Polygon overlay and attribute creation of landscape cover in a loop
- Create raster layer or vector layer based landscape properties (have some ideas on that. Such as the centroid of landscape patches as point layer or the patch edges)
Like always you can download the plugin via the QGIS plugin downloader. Remember to install scipy ! Please don’t spam my blog, if you can’t get it installed. The procedure to install scipy varies on different operating systems / QGIS installs and i certainly can’t help you with that.